- 2 TBSP. UNSALTED BUTTER
- 1 YELLOW ONION, CHOPPED
- 3 CARROTS, CHOPPED
- 3 CELERY STALKS, CHOPPED
- 6 CUPS HOMEMADE CHICKEN STOCK OR CANNED LOW-SODIUM CHICKEN BROTH
- 1 CUP BROKEN EGG NOODLES OR OTHER LARGE, FLAT PASTA
- 2 CUPS CHOPPED COOKED TURKEY MEAT
- SALT AND FRESHLY GROUND PEPER TO TASTE
- In a large soup pot over medium heat melt the butter.
- Add the onion, carrots and celery and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Add the stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat so the stock is just barely simmering.
- Add the egg noodles and simmer until they are cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Add the turkey and simmer until the meat is heated through, 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle the soup into warmed bowls.
Serves 4 to 6.