- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp. butter, melted
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz. uncooked lasagna noodles
- 5 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts (Approx 4 whole chicken breasts)
- 12 oz. Swiss cheese, shredded
- Sauté the mushrooms in 2 tbsp. butter in a large skillet until light brown.
- Add the wine and tarragon and cook over medium heat until the liquid evaporates.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter in a small saucepan. Whisk in the flour, nutmeg, salt and white pepper. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the half and half and chicken broth gradually. Cook until thickened and smooth, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- Cook the noodles using the package directions: rinse with cold water and drain.
- Spread a thin layer of the sauce in a greased 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Layer the noodles, chicken, sauce and cheese 1/3 at a time in the prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes or until bubbly. -Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Yield: 8 servings