- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter (butter for the ramekins)
- 3/4 c. grated parmesan cheese (Parmesan cheese for sprinkling)
- 1/2 lb. Lasagna noodles ( 8 strips is all you really need)
- 1/2 c. Flour
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 lg. Egg
- 1/4 c. Snipped chives
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley (optional)
- Pepper (optional)
- 8 oz. Provolone cheese – shredded
- 6 oz. Prosciutto thinly sliced and diced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter eight 6-ounce ramekins (or large muffing tins) and coat with parmesan cheese; tap out the excess. Place the ramekins on a sturdy rimmed baking sheet.
- Cook the lasagna noodles until al dente. Drain and cool under running water. Using a 3 inch round cutter (Pringles can lid) stamp out 24 rounds.
- In a lg. saucepan, melt the 4 tbsp. butter. Add the flour and whisk over med high heat for 1 minute. Add the milk and whisk over med heat until the sauce is bubbling and thickened about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in the egg, chives, parsley and 1/2 cup of Parmesan. Let cool slightly, then stir in the Provolone and Prosciutto. Season with pepper.
- Arrange one pasta round in the bottom of each ramekin. Spoon a scant 1/4 cup of the filling into each ramekin and top with another noodle; press to flatten slightly. Repeat with filling and one more noodle. Sprinkle the tops with the remaining 1/4 cup of Parmesan and cover loosely with foil.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for about 30 minutes longer (cut to 25 min. if using metal muffin tins) until tops and sides are golden. Let cool for 15 minutes, run a knife around the lasagna cupcakes, then invert onto plates. Serve hot or warm.