- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 lbs.)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- 8 whole wheat hamburger buns, split
- 1 can (20 oz.) sliced pineapple, drained
- Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, brown roast in oil; place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion, ½ cup teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice. Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; set aside. In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining teriyaki sauce until smooth; stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
- Shred meat with two forks; return to the slow cooker and heat through. Spoon ½ cup onto each bun; top with a pineapple slice.
Yield: 8 servings.