- 1 ½ lb. raw boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ¾ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 3 cups chopped Fuji apples
- 1 ½ cups chopped onion
- ½ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1 T. cornstarch
- Season chicken with ¼ tsp. each salt and black pepper and place in a crock pot. Top with apples and onion. In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix garlic into BBQ sauce. Pour sauce mixture over contents of the crock pot and lightly stir. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours OR on low 7-8 hours, until chicken is fully cooked.
- Turn crock pot to low (if needed.) In a small bowl, stir to dissolve cornstarch in 1 T. cold water. Stir mixture into the contents of the crock pot, along with remaining ½ tsp. salt.
- Let sit, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes. Stir and enjoy!
Makes 6 servings.