- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup diced strawberries, well drained
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In large bowl mix together flour, baking powder and sugar.
- Cut in butter as for pastry until it is in small pea-size pieces.
- In small bowl mix egg, vanilla and cream then add all at once to flour mixture. Stir with spoon until blended.
- Gently mix in strawberries.
- Spoon into muffin cups and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan before removing. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar to serve.