- 2 lbs. FRESH green beans
- ½ cup Virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 cups tomatoes diced with juice
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups celery with leaves finely chopped
- WATER TO COVER
- 1 T. fresh mint, finely chopped
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 2 T. fresh dill, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cut off tips from beans, wash and set aside.
- Heat oil in heavy pan and sauté onions until soft. Then add garlic and stir. Add green beans, water, tomatoes. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a gentle boil. Add mint, parsley, dill and salt & pepper.
- Cook approx. 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until beans are soft and the sauce a creamy consistency.
- Cook the beans thoroughly but don’t over cook. Remove from heat, let stand 10 minutes and serve.