- 1 lb. Graziano Sausage
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 tsp. leaf oregano
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 3 14 oz. cans diced tomatoes-drained
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped mushrooms – optional
- 1 lb. penne pasta
- Cook sausage in olive oil. (Saute mushrooms separately if using them and then continue with the following directions)
- Add garlic to sausage and saute one minute then add remaining ingredients and simmer.
- Boil pasta according to directions and drain.
- Add meat sauce to pasta and garnish with Parmesan cheese. (Sauce will thicken slightly as it is absorbed into the pasta and as it begins to cool)
Serves 6 – 8.