- 3 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp celery seeds
- 4 cups potatoes
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup butter
- ½ cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups cubed Spam
- Bring water to a boil in a Dutch oven and add vegetables, salt, pepper & celery seeds.
- Cover, lower heat and simmer 10 minutes or until vegetables are done.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan.
- Blend in flour and gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Boil one minute.
- Add cheese and stir until melted.
- Stir cheese mixture into vegetables.
- Add Spam. Heat thoroughly but don’t boil.
- Soup tastes better cooked the day before.
Yield: 8 servings.