- 1/3 lb. dried spaghetti or 1 lb. fresh
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 5 oz. sliced strong ham, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
- grated rind of 1 lemon
- salt and ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Begin cooking spaghetti in boiling salted water.
- Melt butter in a large deep frying pan and add ham. Cook for 30 seconds before adding the cream, parsley and lemon rind. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more, until thick and smooth.
- When pasta is al dente, drain and add it to the pan with Parmesan. Toss quickly to coat well and heat through. Serve with additional grated Parmesan.