- 4 medium ears of corn, husked
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar or Monterrey jack cheese
- 1 TB fresh minced cilantro
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 TB butter, melted
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cut kernels off of the corn. Easiest way to do this is hold the ear straight up in a large bowl & cut down- the bowl catches all the kernels and they don’t scatter everywhere. Discard cobs.
- Stir in cheese, cilantro, milk, eggs and melted butter into the corn until smooth.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and salt, stir until no flour streaks remain.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and lightly grease it.
- Fill a 1/4 cup measuring cup with batter and pour the batter into the pan to make a round cake.
- Repeat until pan is filled (you should have 3-4 in pan) Cook, flipping the griddle cakes once, until lightly browned on both sides, about 5 minutes total.
- Keep finished cakes on warmed plate in the oven.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with salsa, sour cream or honey.