- 26 gingersnap cookies, finely crushed, about 1 ½ cups
- ¼ cup + 1 2/3 cups + 2 Tbs. sugar
- 6 Tbs. butter, melted
- 4 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla
- 1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Candy pumpkins and maple leafs, optional
- Position racks in center and lower third of oven. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Coat 9”x3” springform pan with cooking spray. Combine cookie crumbs and ¼ cup sugar. Stir in melted butter; press onto bottom and 1” up side of springform pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until set; cool. Place roasting pan filled halfway with water on lower oven rack.
- On medium-high speed, beat cream cheese and 1 2/3 cups sugar until light and fluffy, 3 minutes. On low, beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in sour cream, cornstarch and 1 tsp. vanilla. On medium, beat until just smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Transfer 3 cups batter to separate bowl; stir in pumpkin, maple syrup and pumpkin pie spice until smooth. Pour remaining plain batter into crust. In large dollops, drop spoonfuls of pumpkin batter over plain batter. With knife, lightly swirl batters. Bake on center oven rack one hour 15 minutes or until center jiggles slightly when shaken. Turn oven off. Let cake stand in oven with door closed 1 hour. Run knife around edge of pan to loosen. Cool on rack. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove side of pan. On medium-high speed, beat cream with remaining 2 Tbs. sugar and ½ tsp. vanilla until stiff peaks form. Transfer to pastry bag fitted with star tip; pipe along edge of cake. If desired, garnish with candy pumpkins and maple leaf candies.