- 2 lbs boiling potatos, peeled and sliced
- 1 lb leeks, washed and sliced
- (remove the dark green top and use only the white part. It usually takes a couple of good sized leeks.)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 ½ cups of milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (I did not use this in the soup you had….)
- Salt and Pepper
- ½ cup half and half
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives
- Melt butter over medium heat in large saucepan. Add vegetables, cover and cook for 5 – 7 minutes stirring frequently. Add stock, ½ cup milk, bay leaf, parsley, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 25-30 minutes. Discard bay leaf and let soup cool for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a blender in small batches and process until smooth. Heat the puree in a saucepan over medium heat and stir in the remaining 2 cups of milk.
- Swirl in 1 Tbsp of half and half before serving (optional…I don’t do that) and sprinkle with chives.