- 8 strips bacon
- 8 slices pork tenderloin, 2 inches thick, butterflied
- 1/4 cup brandy or cognac
- 2 tsp dry mustard
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2-3 tbsp. beef boullion granules
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2-3 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 1/4 pound mushrooms, sliced
- Fry bacon until limp. Wrap bacon around outside edge of each butterflied tenderloin, secure with a wooden pick and place in ungreased roasting pan.
- Using a spoon, drizzle brandy over meat. Sprinkle meat with mustard, salt and pepper. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes
- Remove pork. Skim grease from drippings.
- Add wine and bouillon granules and deglaze roasting pan over medium heat.
- Whisk together cream and flour until smooth. Whisk into drippings. Stir and boil until thickened and smooth, about 4 minutes.
- Return meat to pan, turning to coat both sides.
- Sprinkle with mushrooms. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.