- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup chopped pistachio or other nuts
- 1 T sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 8oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1 8oz. container whipped topping, thawed
- 2 pkgs (3 ½ oz. each) pistachio instant pudding
- 2 ½ cups milk
- Chopped pistachio nuts (optional)
- Mix flour, butter, the ¼ cup nuts and sugar together until crumbly. Pat into the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 15 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium mixer bowl, beat the powdered sugar, cream cheese and half the whipped topping with an electric mixer.
- Spread over cooled crust.
- Prepare pudding as package directs, using the 2 ½ cups milk.
- Spread over cream cheese mixture.
- Spread remaining whipped topping over pudding.
- Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.
- Refrigerate overnight before serving. Cut in squares to serve.
Makes 12-15 servings.