- 13 ½ oz all purpose flour
- 1 package instant dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 7 oz of plain yogurt
- 3 ½ oz warm milk
- Pinch of salt
PUFFED or FLAKY DOUGH:
- 5 ½ oz flour
- 3 ½ oz margarine, unsalted
- Pinch of salt
- As much as you like: cheese (Gouda), tomato
- (pizza) sauce, oregano. Or something else you
- would like: ham, bacon, salami or veggies
- Egg white to use as adhesive
- Egg yolk & some milk to brush @ the end
- Make first dough by mixing all ingredients and let it rise in a warm place. In the meantime, make puff dough with second batch of ingredients, and then mix it into the risen dough (yes, mix them together) and work it well on a floured surface. Roll the dough and with a round cookie cutter (or coffee cup) cut out circles about 3 inches in diameter or desired size. Leave some dough for ears and noses.
- Make filling with cheese, pizza sauce and oregano. You can be creative and use different kinds of ingredients to make a filling of your own.
- Place half of circles onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Brush edges with egg white wash. Put some filling in the middle & cover with other half of circles and press the edges together to assure nothing will come out while baking.
- Remainder of the dough use to make smaller circles for nose (maybe cut with a bottle cap) and for ears by cutting smaller circles in quarters. (See photo.) Use egg white wash as adhesive for nose and ears. For nose make somewhat smaller circles. For eyes and nostrils use a toothpick to make little lines and then inside, put some rosemary, cumin or pepper for each nostril. Can use mustard seed for eyes (kid friendly) or peppercorns (adults.)
- Now that you have little piglets, let them rise again for a little while and then brush them with a little bit of egg yolk wash mixed with a little bit of milk. Bake for about 20-25 minutes @ 385-405 degrees, depending on your oven.