- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. sugar
- 4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 8-18 cups mixed greens
- 6 oz. Gorgonzola cheese -crumbled
- 2 lrg.red Anjo pears-cored, thinly sliced
- In medium bowl wisk vinaigrette ingredients together. Cover & refrigerate.
- Heat 2/3 cup sugar in small skillet over medium heat until sugar melts. Stir in pecans until all are well coated. Spread on buttered foil or parchment paper to cool. Break into pieces once cooled. Discard any syrup only pieces.
- Toss salad & cheese with dressing just before serving. Sprinkle with candied pecans and place sliced pears on top. Salad can be served tossed or arranged individually on each plate.