- 4 cups peeled, sliced fresh
- peaches (about 4 to 5 peaches)
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted
- butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¾ cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325. Place the peaches in a 9 by 9-inch baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ¾ cup of the sugar, the flour, baking powder and a ½ teaspoon salt.
- Add the milk and melted butter and mix well.
- Pour the batter evenly over peaches.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, the cornstarch and ½ teaspoon salt.
- Sprinkle over the batter.
- Evenly pour the boiling water all over.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until golden brown and bubbling. Serve in individual dessert dishes.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings.