- 1 lb. ground beef
- 3 T chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 T cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1¼ cups water
- 3 T butter
- 1¼ cups mashed potato flakes
- 1 package (3 oz) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 tube (12 oz) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- ½ cup crushed potato chips
- Paprika, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until tender; drain. Stir in chili sauce, vinegar and salt; set aside. In a small saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil. Pour into a small bowl. Whisk in potato flakes until blended. Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Press one biscuit dough into bottom and up the sides of each of 10 greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture. Spread potato mixture over beef. Sprinkle with potato chips; press down lightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve immediately or cool before placing in a single layer freezer container. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen pies: Thaw in the refrigerator for 8 hours. Place on a greased baking sheet. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until heated through.
Yield: 5 servings.