- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 ounces fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 2-4 Tbsp canned, drained, chopped jalapeno chilies
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese, cut into ½ inch cubes, softened
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 (2 oz) cans sliced black olives, drained
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a heavy medium skillet, sauté the onion in the heated oil over medium heat for about 4 minutes or until tender.
- Add tomatoes and jalapeno chilies. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Press the spinach to remove the excess moisture. Add to the skillet with the Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, half & half, olives and vinegar.
- Mix well. Season with salt & pepper.
- Spoon into a shallow bakingdish.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until top is brown.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 16 servings
You may prepare the dip in advance and chill for up to 2 days before baking: bake for 35 minutes.