- 1/2 cup Basil Olive Oil
- Zest 1 lemon
- Juice 1 lemon
- ½ to 1 tsp crushed red paper (to taste)
- 1 tsp Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes w/basil, garlic and oregano
- 14 oz can quartered artichokes (drained)
- 10 large basil leaves julienned
- Fresh shredded asagio cheese
- 1 pkg fettuccine noodles
- In large skillet, on low setting, infuse oil with lemon zest and crushed red pepper for 6 – 10 minutes.
- Boil water for pasta. When water for pasta begins to boil, add pasta to water, and add minced garlic and Italian seasoning to skillet.
- Halfway through pasta cooking time, add tomatoes, artichokes, lemon juice, salt and pepper to skillet and increase heat to medium.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain, then add fettuccine to skillet – combining sauce with noodles.
- Pour combination into pasta bowl, sprinkle with cheese and basil leaves and serve.