- 4 medium baking potatoes
- ⅓ cup non-fat sour cream, low-fat sour cream, non-fat plain yogurt or low-fat plain yogurt
- 2 T chopped fresh herbs (basil, chives, thyme, marjoram, oregano, parsley, etc. any combination)
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- Skim milk (optional)
- ¼ cup shredded non-fat Mozzarella cheese or part-skim Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Scrub potatoes with a brush; pat dry. Prick in several places and bake on a baking sheet for 40–60 minutes, or until tender.
- Cut a 1-inch slice from the top of each potato, lengthwise; discard skin from slice and place pulp in a bowl. Using a spoon, carefully scoop the pulp from each potato, leaving a thin shell; add pulp to the bowl. With an electric mixer on low speed (or a potato masher) beat or mash potato pulp.
- Add sour cream or yogurt, herbs, and Parmesan cheese, and beat or mash until smooth. (Note: If necessary, stir in 1 to 2 T. milk for desired consistency.) Stuff potato mixture into shells.
- Sprinkle one T. Mozzarella on each potato. Place in a shallow baking dish. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until lightly browned.