- 8-10 medium green tomatoes (peeled and thinly sliced)
- Pour boiling water over sliced tomatoes and let stand about 20 minutes
- Put pie crust in bottom of pie plate
- Sprinkle about 2 Tbsp flour & (optional) 1 Tbsp flax seed into bottom of pie crust
Mix together in separate bowl:
- 2 Tbsp flour
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground clove
- 3 teaspoons all-spice
- 1 Tbsp flax seed (optional)
- Sprinkle half the cinnamon mixture into bottom of pie crust.
- Layer drained tomatoes and spread mixture evenly. (Optional: can also sprinkle a few raisins over tomatoes.)
- Pour remaining cinnamon mixture over the top of tomatoes.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp lemon juice over top of mixture and then cover with top layer of crust.
- Bake 45-50 minutes at 375 degrees.