- 1-9 inch unbaked pie shell
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 3 squares (3 oz.) unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 Tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1 Qt. Vanilla ice cream
- In a saucepan melt butter & chocolate together over very low heat. Remove from heat. With rotary beater, beat in sugar, eggs, corn syrup, salt & vanilla until just blended.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake 35-40 minutes in preheated 350 degree oven or until knife inserted halfway between the center & the edge comes out clean. (Don’t over bake. Pie should shake a little in the center like a custard so it will not be too stiff when cooled. Will be bubbles in the center as it cooks.)
- Cool pie thoroughly. Store in refrigerator. Serve warm or cold with ice cream.