- 1 Pre made pie crust
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 4 or 5 ripe tomatoes, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a 10-inch loose-bottom tart pan with pie crust. (If you don’t own a tart pan you can use a 10-inch round pan.)
- Cover the bottom with cheese and sprinkle with basil.
- Arrange the tomato slices to cover the cheese as evenly as possible.
- Sprinkle the tomatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with oil.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped basil.
- Slice in wedges and serve warm or at room temperature.