- 4 cups apples-peeled and sliced
- 2 cups of sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 2 eggs well beaten
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- nut meats to suit (English walnuts, pecans, raisins,)
SIFT and ADD to the above mixture:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 or 2 tsp. cinnamon
- Mix thoroughly and pour into a greased and floured 9 x 13 pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees till done approx. 35 – 45 minutes.
TOPPING -COOK TILL CLEAR:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 Tbsp. flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Pierce cake with a meat fork while hot.
- Pour topping over cake immediately -cover tightly with foil
Wonderful warmed with ice cream on top and freezes well!