- 3 large ears of corn
- 1 10 oz. package frozen baby lima beans
- 3/4 c. pared and cored cucumbers – cut into 3/8 inch cubes
- 1/2 c. carrots pared and cut julienne
- 1/4 c. diced red bell peppers
- 1 c. tomatoes blanched, stemmed, peeled, seeded and cored – cut into bite size pieces
- 1 Tbsp snipped, fresh chives
- 1/2 c. honey-mustard dressing
- Boston lettuce
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 T honey
- 1 T prepared mustard
- Prepare and boil corn on the cob; place hot ears on clean towel to cool. When cool enough to handle, cut the kernels off the cobs. Measure 1 1/2 cups corn; cover and refridgerate. (use any extra for other things)
- Cook lima beans. Measure 1/2 cup drained beans; cover and refridgerate. (reserve reamaining beans for other things)
- Wait until corn and lima beans are cold to compose salad.
- Then in mixing bowl, place corn, lima beans, cucumbers, carrots, celery and peppers. Toss to combine.
- Add tomatoes, chives and honey-mustard dressing; toss lightly to distribute evenly.
- Spoon salad over leaves of Boston lettuce on individual salad plates.
- In a pint jar, place the olive oil, vinegar, honey and mustard; cover and shake vigorously until blended. Refrigerate
- up to one month. Makes about 1 cup.