- 4 eggs, separated (use only Grade AA)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 cups (1 quart) homogenized milk
- 1 cup bourbon or brandy (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and light.
- Gradually beat in sweetened condensed milk, salt, vanilla and milk.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites to soft peaks; gently fold into sweetened condensed milk mixture. If desired, stir in bourbon or brandy.
- Pour into chilled punch bowl or serving cups. Garnish with nutmeg. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: about 2 quarts