- 2 pounds pork sausage
- 2 ½ cups herb-seasoned croutons
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 10-oz can cream of mushroom soup
- ½ cup milk
- Brown sausage in skillet, stirring until crumbly; drain.
- Layer croutons, sausage and cheese evenly in greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Beat eggs with 2½ cups milk, dry mustard, salt & pepper in mixer bowl. Pour over layers.
- Chill, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Spread mixture of soup and ½ cup milk over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 1½ hours. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 12 servings.