- 1 box refrigerator pie crust dough
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 1/2 lb. boneless beef sirloin or stew meat
- 2 potatoes, peel & slice thin
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 carrots, peel & slice thin
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 onion, peel & chop
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup half & half
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram, crushed
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 bay leaf
- Brown meat in oil. Drain. Stir in broth, wine, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer, covered, 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Add potatoes, carrots, onion and cook until tender, but not brown. Stir in flour. Add half & half, cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the meat mixture and add the peas. Heat through.
- Transfer mixture to a 2 qt. casserole; place pie crust on top. Prick with a fork several times. Turn pastry edge under and press gently to make it stick to the edge of the casserole dish. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes or until crust is golden.