This recipe can be served as is or it may be frozen in loaf pans and sliced to serve.
- 1 quart or 1 bag raw cranberries
- 6 apples, your favorite red variety, cored not peeled
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 small can crushed pineapple with juice
- 1 ¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute
- Run through a food processor or finely chop raw cranberries and apples
- Add to this mixture miniature marshmallows, crushed pineapple with juice and ¼ cup sugar or sugar substitute
- Let stand for 15 minutes. Fold in 2 cups whipped cream.
- Add ½ cup favorite chopped nuts (pecans or English walnuts)
- Refrigerate or freeze. If freezing, place in loaf pans and when ready to serve place pan in warm water to release from sides, turn out and slice. Best when made at least 24 hours ahead.