- 2 large onions chopped
- 6 Tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 2 (17 oz) cans cream-style corn
- 1 (1 lb.) pkg. cornmeal muffin mix
- 1/2 pint dairy sour cream (1 cup)
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a 13 x 9 baking dish. In a medium skillet, saute onion in butter until golden; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix eggs and milk until blended. Add corn and muffin mix. Mix well.
- Spread corn bread batter into prepared baking dish.
- Spoon sautéed onion over top Spread sour cream over onion. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 35 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into squares. May be refrigerated or frozen and reheated.
Makes 16 servings.