- 3 C. frozen shredded potatoes
- 1/3 C. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 C. finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 C. (4 oz.) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ C. finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- ½ C. milk
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Thaw potatoes between layers of paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Press potatoes into bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-inch pie plate; drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 25 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on a wire rack 10 minutes.
- Combine ham, cheese, and green pepper; spoon into potato shell
- Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper, stirring well
- Pour egg mixture over ham mixture
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until set; let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Yield: 6-8 servings