- 2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate chopped
- Prepare waffle maker according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Melt unsweetened chocolate and butter together in the microwave on HIGH for 1 minute, stir until smooth; set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla together until well combined; stir in buttermilk. Add reserved melted chocolate and mix well. Stir in flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt until smooth. Fold in semisweet chocolate and cook in prepared waffle maker.