- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup grated carrot
- ½ head iceberg lettuce, roughly chopped (4 cups)
- ⅔ cup chow mein noodles
- ⅓ cup canned sliced water chestnuts
- 4 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 3 Tbsp. creamy peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp. seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lite soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- ¼ cup chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- 2 Tbsp. chopped green onions
- 3 pita bread rounds, halved
- In a large bowl mix together chicken, carrot, lettuce, chow mein noodles, and water chestnuts. Set aside.
- In separate bowl mix together peanut oil, peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar until smooth. Stir in peanuts and green onions. Stir until blended. Pour dressing over salad and toss well.
Fill pita pockets with even portions of chicken salad. Makes 6 pita pockets.