- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups yellow onions, diced
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- ½ cup green olives, chopped
- 4 T green olive juice
- 3 cups chicken breast, cooked & chopped
- ½ cup raisins
- 5 pieces pita bread
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup green onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Saute until onion is tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in chili powder. Add crushed tomatoes and 4 tablespoons juice from olives. Simmer sauce until flavors blend, about 6 minutes. Season with pepper and more olive juice, if desired.
- Combine chicken, raisins and olives in large bowl
- Mix in 3 cups of sauce. Season to taste with pepper
- In a separate skillet, heat oil to hot and fry one pita at a time, cooking over medium heat for 2-3 minutes per side. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Cut into 6 triangle cuts each. Spoon chicken mixture on each triangle, sprinkle with green onion and cilantro and serve.