- 6 Chicken Breast halves, skinless, boneless
- 1 cup Italian Seasoned Bread Crumbs, mix in approx. 1/4 cup canned Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Egg mixed with 1-2 tbsp water
- 4 1/2 TBSP. Butter and 3 TBSP. Oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP. Flour
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Half and Half
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese and 1/4 cup Shredded Swiss Cheese combined
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese for sprinkling over chicken
- 1/2 cup Canned Parmesan Cheese
- 1 TBSP. Bread Crumbs
- Dip Chicken breast halve in egg/water mixture, then roll in seasoned bread crumb/Parmesan cheese mixture. Brown on all sides in 3 TBSP. butter and 3 TBSP. oil about 15 – 20 minutes. While chicken breasts are browning, melt remaining butter in saucepan and add flour, blending well, cooking 1 minute. Add milk and cream to butter, stirring rapidly with whisk. When boiling, thickened and smooth, add mozzarella and Swiss cheese and nutmeg. Sprinkle bottom of baking dish with 1/2 of Parmesan cheese and place chicken on cheese. Sprinkle Shredded Mozzarella lightly over each chicken breast. Spoon on sauce, and sprinkle with crumbs and the remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 30 – 45 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Can be prepared OR baked the day before and then baked OR re-warmed the following day.