- 2 pints cherry tomatoes, quartered (about 4 cups)
- 1/4 tsp. & 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp. honey
- 1 med. shallot, minced (about 3T.)
- 1 T. cider vinegar
- 2 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- Ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 oz. crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 T. chopped fresh tarragon leaves (or 1 1/4 tsp. dried tarragon)
- Toss tomatoes, 1/4 tsp salt and sugar in med. bowl and let stand 30 minutes.
- Transfer to salad spinner and spin until seeds and excess liquid have been removed, 45 to 60 seconds stirring to redistribute tomatoes during spinning.
- Return tomatoes to bowl and add pecans, cheese, and tarragon.
- Strain tomato liquid through a mesh strainer into liquid measuring cup, pressing on solids to extract a 1/2 cup of liquid (equal to 8 Tbsp.).
- Combine tomato liquid, mustard, honey, shallot, and vinegar in a saucepan and simmer over medium heat for 6-8 minutes reducing liquid to 3 Tbsp.
- Transfer to a small bowl and cool about 5 minutes. Whisk in oil, pepper and up to 1/8 tsp. salt to taste.
- Toss gently with mixture of tomatoes, pecans, cheese and tarragon.