- 1/2 cup roasted cashews
- 1 1/4 cups water
- Cooking spray
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups hot cooked pasta (about 8 ounces uncooked pasta), use can use whole grain/wheat to up protein and fiber contents
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place cashews in a food processor; process until smooth (about 2 minutes), scraping sides of bowl once.
- With processor on, add water; process until smooth, scraping sides of bowl once.
- Place cashew cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute or until cream is thick.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds.
- Stir in cashew cream, pasta, cheese, pepper, and salt; cook until thoroughly heated.
Makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/3 cups)
CALORIES 378(35% from fat); FAT 14.7g (sat 3.6g,mono 7g,poly 1.9g); IRON 3.5mg; CHOLESTEROL 6mg; CALCIUM 128mg; CARBOHYDRATE 51g; SODIUM 388mg; PROTEIN 14.7g; FIBER 2.7g