- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 lb. beef sausage
- 1 (8oz.) package dirty rice mix
- 1 (10oz.) can diced tomatoes with green chili peppers
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 (15oz.) cans kidney beans, drained
- 2 C. water
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a skillet, brown the sausage, onion and ground beef; drain.
- In a 2-qt. saucepan, combine rice mix and 2 C. water.
- Add diced tomatoes and chilies. Stir in the kidney beans.
- Bring to a boil and then add meat mixture.
- Bring back to boil, reduce heat and cover, stirring occasionally. Cook for 20 minutes. Serve.
Makes 8 servings.