- 12 OZ. BEEF TOP ROUND STEAK (OR SIRLOIN)
- 1/2 CUP COLD WATER
- 3 TBSP. SOY SAUCE
- 2 TBSP. DRY RED WINE
- 4 TSP. CORNSTARCH
- 1 TBSP. COOKING OIL
- 8 OZ. FRESH MUSHROOMS, SLICED
- 6 GREEN ONIONS, BIAS SLICED INTO 1-INCH LENGTHS
- 1 6 OZ. PACKAGE FROZEN OR FRESH PEA PODS
- 1/2 CUP SLICED WATER CHESTNUTS
- Cut beef into thin bite size strips. Combine water, soy sauce, wine, and cornstarch; set aside.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tsp. of the oil. Stir-fry mushrooms and onions about 2 minutes or till crisp-tender; remove.
- Add remaining 2 tsps. oil. Stir-fry beef about 2-3 minutes or until done. Push the beef away from center of wok.
- Stir the soy mixture and add to center of wok. Cook and stir till thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Add the mushroom mixture, pea pods (still frozen if not using fresh), and water chestnuts to wok. Stir to coat vegetables and meat with sauce.
- Freezes well – reheat covered at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or microwave covered with wax paper. Micro-cook one serving on 70% power for 5-6 minutes stirring once.
Makes 4 servings.