- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed sea salt
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, fine grated
- 3-4 thick slices medium cheddar
- 1 egg (for egg wash)
- 15-20 medium sized morels, washed and halved
- Mix all dry ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Warm healthy amount of butter in small frying pan.
- Beat egg and place in separate shallow bowl. Dip mushrooms in egg wash and dredge into breadcrumb mixture, immediately place into hot butter.
- Fry until crispy golden brown, then arrange mushrooms on small cookie sheet, placing a 1/4 inch strip of cheddar in the middle of each one.
- Place into a preheated 375 degree oven for about 4-6 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Remove, let cool, and enjoy.