- 2 cups sifted flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 4 tablespoons butter or shortening
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- about 3/4 cup milk
- Sift Flour once, measure, add baking powder and salt, and sift again.
- Cut in shortening or butter. (this is where I use my hands by rubbing the butter into the flour).
- Add milk gradually, stirring until soft dough is formed.
- Turn out on slightly floured board and lightly “knead” for 30 seconds, enough to shape.
- Roll 1/2 inch thick and cut with 2 inch floured biscuit cutter or top of a glass.
- Bake on ungreased sheet in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
Makes 12 biscuits.