- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli
- ⅓ cup sliced green onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- crumbled cooked sausage
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves or dried Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 8 eggs, beaten (or 2 cups refrigerated egg substitute)
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) finely shredded Asiago cheese or Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup chopped tomato
Use this as a guideline for your favorite veggies, cheeses and breakfast meats.
(Frittata pan or oven-safe skillet not essential)
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a medium oven-safe nonstick skillet with cooking spray. In the skillet cook and stir broccoli, onions, and garlic over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from heat
- Stir cooked & crumbled sausage, basil, salt, and pepper into vegetable mixture. (At this point if you do not have an oven safe skillet use a large round shallow quiche pan or pie plate coated with cooking spray. Spread vegetable mixture over the bottom of the dish then continue with directions). Pour eggs over top.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 19 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with tomato. Cut into wedges.
- Serve with fresh fruit and bread for a nice light dinner on a hot night, or fruit and muffins for brunch, then take leftovers to work and reheat for lunch.
Makes 6 servings.