- ¼ cup canola oil
- ½ cup popcorn
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans or almonds
- 1 T unsalted butter
- 1 large pinch kosher salt
- 8 slices of bacon
- Salt to taste
- Preheat over to 275 degrees. Spray baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook bacon. You want bacon to be crispy. Let bacon cool then chop.
- Pop corn in canola oil. Remove from pan immediately and place in large bowl.
- Place cooled bacon in large bowl with popcorn.
- Melt one tablespoon unsalted butter in a nonstick skillet. Add pecans or almonds and large pinch of salt. Stirring constantly cook about 5 minutes or until it has a nutty smell.
- Pour into large bowl with popcorn.
- Melt one stick of unsalted butter in small saucepan. Add brown sugar, light corn syrup and vanilla. Stir until sauce is completely melted together. Pour over popcorn, bacon & nuts.
- Stir until well coated. Pour onto baking sheet. Salt to taste. Bake for 45 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and let cool. Remove from pan and break apart into serving bowl. Enjoy!