- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 lb. bacon, cooked and cut into small pieces
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. fajita seasoning
- 2 Tbsp. powdered sugar
- 10 6-inch flour tortilla shells
- 12 oz pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 8 oz sour cream (garnish)
- Thin sliced green or red bell pepper (garnish)
- In a bowl combine all chopped vegetables and cilantro: set aside.
- Beat together eggs, powdered sugar, and fajita seasoning.
- In a nonstick skillet add egg mixture and bacon and scramble over medium heat.
- On an ungreased cookie sheet lay 5 tortilla shells flat.
- Evenly distribute 1/2 of the cheese on the tortilla shells.
- Top the cheese with the vegetable mixture.
- Then top with the egg and bacon mixture.
- Layer with remaining cheese and tortillas.
- Place in oven for 5 minutes.
- Cut and serve with garnishes.
Makes 5 quesadillas.