- 1 box Pillsbury refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 T all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ T lemon juice
- 9 cups thinly sliced, peeled apples (9 medium)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 T milk
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Remove pie crusts from pouches. Unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other on lightly floured surface. Roll to 17×12-inch rectangle. Fit crust into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan, pressing into corners. Fold extra pastry crust under, even with edges of pan. Crimp edges.
- Mix granulated sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt and lemon juice. Stir in apples to coat. Spoon apple mixture into crust-lined pan.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbling. Cool on rack 45 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and milk until well blended. Drizzle over pie. Allow glaze to set before serving, about 30 minutes.
Makes 24 servings.