Ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
1/4 cup Amaretto liqueur
Tbsp. strong coffee
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup vanilla safer cookie crumbs
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a small bowl, mix melted chocolate, amaretto and coffee until smooth.
- Add butter, vanilla and cookie crumbs. Mix well.
- Set bowl in ice water and beat until firm. Form into balls and chill.
- Mix powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Roll truffles in sugar mixture and store in airtight container.
- Refrigerate until serving. If you prefer, chilled truffles can be dipped in melted chocolate.
Makes 2-3 dozen.