Police recommend Bieber be prosecuted for egg attack

Police recommend Bieber be prosecuted for egg attack

EGGING HIM ON: If L.A. police get their way, Justin Bieber, 19, will be in an orange jumpsuit again. Photo: Associated Press

Police officials in Los Angeles are recommending the District Attorney prosecutes Justin Bieber for the pop star’s egg attack on his neighbor.

Detectives working for the L.A. County Sheriff’s Department have reviewed the evidence and interviewed witnesses and those involved in the incident that took place at the beginning of last month – and they have passed all the information to the D.A.

Spokesman Lt. Dave Thompson tells the officials want the Baby singer to stand trial for his actions.

PHOTOS: Justin Bieber through the years | EXTRA: Deport Justin Bieber

He says, “I went to the D.A.’s Office today with the paperwork, and I want a felony. Of course I want a felony.”

Bieber’s egg attack caused $20,000 in damage, according to reports.

The pop superstar already has three upcoming court dates on his schedule – he’ll face a judge on Feb. 14 for an arraignment in connection to a DUI arrest in Florida; he’ll then return to court on March 3 to stand trial.

The teenager is also in legal trouble in his native Canada, where he was officially charged in connection to an alleged assault on a limousine driver in Toronto last year. He must return to court for that case on March 10.

Recent Headlines

in Entertainment

Cosby to be deposed in sexual abuse lawsuit


Bill Cosby was expected to testify under oath in a lawsuit brought by a woman accusing the veteran comedian of sexual abuse.

in Entertainment

OPENING WEEKEND: Biopic ‘Steve Jobs’ competes against ‘Pan,’ ‘The Walk’


Here's a look at the movies set to open nationwide this weekend.

in Viral Videos

WATCH: Soldier breaks rank to hug daughter at homecoming


Top brass at a Colorado Army post are all smiles after a 2-year-old girl interrupted a general's speech to dash across the room and hug her dad, who had just come home from a nine-month deployment.

in Entertainment

‘Ant-Man’ sequel and three more Marvel movies are coming


The superhero universe will add three more as of yet unnamed movies by 2020.

in Entertainment

Carlton says there won’t be a ‘Fresh Prince’ reboot


Alfonso Ribeiro is adamant there will never be a TV reboot of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air," because no one can take the place of their "cornerstone" James Avery.