Get all your holiday shopping done at the over 150 specialty shops, restaurants and services at the single largest collection of independent businesses in Greater Des Moines – Historic Valley Junction.
- Shop local in Valley Junction this holiday season! Local business generates 70% more local economic activity per square foot than big box retail. If every family in the United States were to spend an extra $10 per month at a locally owned, independent business instead of a national chain, over $9.3 billion would be directly returned to the local economy.
- Get your Valley Junction Gift Certificates for any amount and Junction Wear (hats, t-shirts, sweatshirts, ornaments and more) at the Historic Valley Junction Foundation, 137 5th Street!
- Santa buys his suit at the Theatrical Shop! Find the perfect holiday costume or ugly sweater at one of Valley Junction’s oldest businesses, open for 44 years!
- In business for 40 years, Morrissey’s Fine Jewelry has the perfect gift for that special someone this holiday season. Find diamond jewelry, watches and specialty gifts and more.
- Wicker & the Works is your one-stop shop for the holiday season! Find the perfect gifts and décor at the furniture store for groovy grown-ups, in business since 1978!
- Olson-Larsen Galleries, established in 1979, is a contemporary gallery representing original artwork by 60 of the finest artists in the Midwest, and also offers custom framing services.
- Offering their famous pizza and grinders and Italian-American food, The Tavern Pizza, has been open since 1945. The Tavern is perfect for your business’ holiday party or a family get together, with a party room now available!
- Visit Penrod’s Barber Shop, in business for over 70 years, for all of your men’s hair cut and shaving needs.
- Open since 1984, Sisters in Valley Junction is a charming combination of home decor, women’s jewelry and accessories, vintage treasures, baby gifts and home fragrance.
Spend New Years Eve in the Historic Valley Junction!
- Celebrate the New Year at The Longest Yard in Valley Junction! Live music, a champagne toast at midnight, and your favorite food and drinks will help you bring in the New Year right!
- Also your favorite restaurants and bars, like Cooper’s on 5th, The Longest Yard, and G. Mig’s will be celebrating all night long!
Historic Valley Junction is six blocks of specialty shops that include art galleries, antique shops, fashion boutiques, salons, service businesses and restaurants.