Join KIOA all summer long for all the great events in Historic Valley Junction.
Historic Valley Junction Farmers Markets ((Every Thursday, May 1 through October 2 from 4p – 8p)
The Farmer’s Market is located in the 100-200 (and sometimes 300) blocks of 5th Street and feature produce, baked goods, prepared foods, arts crafts and more.
Music in the Junction (Every Thursday, May 1 through October 2 from 5:30p – 8:30p)
Free concert held in Railroad Park at 5th and Railroad in West Des Moines.
- May 1st – Comfort Zone
- May 8th – Bella Soul
- May 15th – Gimikk
- May 22nd – Get Off My Lawn
- May 29th – SP3
- June 5th – Decoy
- June 12th – Abby Normal
- June 19th – Brother Trucker
- June 26th – All Things King
- July 10th – Fahrenheit
- July 17th – Final Mix
- July 24ty – The Blue Band
- July 31st – Randy Burk & the Prisoners
- August 7th – Burning Down the House
- August 14th – Flipside
- August 21sy – The El Dorados
- August 28th – Malcom Wells
- September 4th – North of Grand
- September 11th – Rebyl Road
- September 18th – The James Biehn Band
- September 25th – Sumpin’ Doo
- October 2nd – Tony Valdez Large Band
Annual July 3rd Street Celebration (Thursday, July 3rd following the West Des Moines Parade)
Celebrate July 3rd in Historic Valley Junction with live music and more!
- 6pm – 7:30pm: Aries Rising
- 8pm – 11pm: The Faculty Lounge Funk Band
Historic Valley Junction is six blocks of specialty shops that include art galleries, antique shops, fashion boutiques, salons, service businesses and restaurants.